ClusterDesign / EERA-DTOC Workshop, 24 September 2014, Amsterdam
The second event organised jointly with the EERA_DTOC project, "Tuning Offshore Wind Performance", took place on 24 September 2014 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The workshop explained how:
- the new software assists in designing and operating clusters of offshore wind farms;
- to take into account wake and electrical losses in the design phase;
- to combine fatigue load monitoring and intelligent control during operation.
The workshop was targeted to wind farm developers, designers and operators. Wind resource analysts, strategic planners and utilities have been updated about the latest trends and developments in wind farm design and operation.
During the workshop the following topics are presented:
- EERA DTOC Project Overview, Peter Hauge Madsen, Charlotte Bay Hasager, DTU Wind Energy
- Scenarios and Demonstration, Gerard Schepers, ECN
- Verification of wind farm wake, Charlotte Bay Hasager, DTU Wind Energy
- EERA-DTOC Software, Gregor Giebel, DTU Wind Energy - Igor Waldl, Felix Dierich, Overspeed, Oldenburg - Peter Stuart, RES, London, UK
- New Grid System Method, Olimpo Anaya-Lara, University of Strathclyde - Mariano Faiella, Fraunhofer IWES
- Wind Cluster Controller, Aidan Marchand, RWE Innogy
- Wind Cluster ToolBox, Baris Adiloglu, 3E
- Experiments and Validation, Niko Mittelmeier, Senvion
- Overview of Model Development, Gerald Steinfeld, ForWind Oldenburg
- Forum Discussion,
- Gerard Schepers, ECN
- Frans van Hulle, 3E
- Ernst van Zuijlen, Far and Large Offshore Wind
- Allard van der Steege, Ventolines